rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Sky TV Channel 283 "South Africa Direct"
Haydn Jones

Just thought I would flag this channel up to fellow Members with "Sky" as it it may be of some interest. I don't know if it is also available via "Cable".

"South Africa Direct" is a sort of travelogue/tourist promotion channel which, at the time I came across it, was screening a programme about the Midlands, Battlefields and Drakensberg areas of KZN. The programmme itself was a touch dated and the commentary left a little to be desired but, nevertheless, there was some brief but reasonable footage of P'Maritzburg, Isandlwana, RD, Fugitives' Drift, Hlobane, Khambula as well as Ncome and Majuba etc. Other programmes (under the headings "African Adventures" and "African Routes") cover "Zulu Culture" and the "Battlefields Route".

The channel appears to be one of those where programmes are oft repeated so it might be worth having a browse from time to time. Certainly the channel provides a good opportunity to catch glimpses of both the history and beauty of KZN and, indeed, South Africa as a whole.

H
Sky TV Channel 283 "South Africa Direct"