rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
West Midlands Wargames Show
Simon

Hi,

I'm putting on a 28mm display wargame based on Rorke's Drift at the WMMS (in Wolverhampton on Sunday March 9th). If any members are Midlands based and would like to roll a few dice, let me know and I will send some more details.

Cheers

Simon
Re: West Midlands Wargames Show
The Lt.

Simon wrote:
Hi,

I'm putting on a 28mm display wargame based on Rorke's Drift at the WMMS (in Wolverhampton on Sunday March 9th). If any members are Midlands based and would like to roll a few dice, let me know and I will send some more details.

Cheers

Simon

Simon if you have the time and a camera on hand would you be good enough to take some photos and post them. Living in New England with no passport doubt I'd be able to attend as much as I would like to roll a few dice......The Lt.
Simon

Yeah no worries.

Hmmmm it is a bit far to come for a wargame (especially when you've got a set up like yours)

Cheers

Simon
The Lt.

Simon I thought you'd appreciate this link along with other members of the forum which features a nice selection of photos featuring a 28mm scale Battle of Rorke's Rorke's Drift. Click on each photo for a larger scale photo...The Lt.

http://gallery.sswg.org/thumbnails.php?album=44
Coll

Simon/Lt.

Although I like the strategy involved in chess, but have previously compared wargaming to it, I wonder if you know of, or have seen, a book, possibly privately published and limited copy availability, about 54mm hexagonal wargaming ?

I've seen what rules are usually used in wargaming, for colonial era as well as others, but these hexagonal rules, in a well-illustrated(?) book, will keep the theme of a strategy boardgame like chess.

When I saw it during a search on the internet, I hadn't included it in my favourites, and have since been unable to relocate it.

There is a chance this type of wargaming is not considered wargaming at all, but it does appeal to me, as other rules I find too complicated.

Any assistance on finding this title will be much appreciated.

Thankyou

Coll
Simon

Hi Coll.

Sounds intriguing I'll have a butchers on the web and see if I can find it.

I'm always on the look out for rules (usually so I can borrow any good bits for my home-spun ones)

I prefer my one 'dead simple' sets because there is a tendancy for rule writer to be 'realistic' - which in my 30 years of gaming, tends to mean 'complicated'

Cheers

Sime
The Lt.

Coll wish I could be of some help but I'm not into War Gaming but to enjoy seeing photos of the figures taking part......The Lt.
AMB

Lt,

Many thanks for the link - great fun!

AMB
Coll

Simon

Thanks. That'd be great.

I'll try and give a bit more information of what I can remember.

It is a book on hexagon-grid battlefield wargaming with 54mm figures and accessories. I've got the feeling it was on a U.S. site or published in the U.S., which is why I hesitated, as it can be quite difficult getting a hold of such titles.

I think it would only have been published in a limited quantity, and also, the author himself made the rules for it and wanted to publish his findings for people wishing to pursue this type of wargaming.

It may be paperback and wirebound at the side, and unusually, I think it also covers single-player wargaming, which I didn't think was an option in wargaming circles.

I hope to trace and purchase a copy eventually, but I just can't find it anywhere.

Best

Coll
piero55

Hi,
I'm new here, , I'm a wargamer too.

very nice photos and wonderful terrain. thanks for sharing the link.

figures are WF and Redoubt but some , I believe, are not on the market but scratch built. isn't true?
Piero
West Midlands Wargames Show