rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Isandhlwana DVD
rich

Peter Q/Ron...

Would love to get that Isandhlwana battlefield dvd. It could sure help me in understanding the battle. But I have the feeling that it's not playable in our region here (US). Am I right? Thanks.

Rich,
Many apologies for the late response. I have only just sighted your posting.
I believe that our DVD is playable in USA,certainly via computer.
Please let me have your address and I will send you a copy. Should it be compatable and you are entirely happy with it,you are more than welcome to consider sending a small donation to the 24th Museum at Brecon.
As ever,
Peter
Sawubona

Rich,
It depends on the age of your present DVD player. You'll find that many (or most) newer DVD players can play PAL as well as NTSC format discs on your TV. I have a Sony (can I say that Alan?) that I bought at Wal-Mart for something like $69. It not only is capable of playing either format, but "burned" discs as well of the -RW/-R genre and is "progressive scan"-- it upgrades standard DVD's to 720, the highest resolution they are capable of. For that upgrade, you do need to invest in a HDMI cable as well, which is shockingly expensive (like $30), and of course have a TV capable of "High Definition" at 720 or 1080. The DVD player is one of the best electronic purchases I've made in quite a while and I highly recommend the investment to anyone who isn't interested in shelling out for a Blu-Ray system in the near future.

I have the collectors addition of ZULU that was purchased from the UK and it not only plays fine on my player, it's sharper than any other DVD I have since PAL is by nature a higher resolution than NTSC from the get go.

Peter, I'd surely like to get a hold of the DVD Rich is talking about as well.
rich

Peter/Ron/Saw...

Thanks for the followup. I saw the dvd at the RRW Museum online shop. I was going to order it but wasn't sure if it was compatible with my setup here.

Peter: Thanks for the offer but what I think I will do first is email Celia at the RRW Museum and ask to see what it says on the dvd. If its compatible then I'll order if from there.

Saw; You look OK on this. I guess you could order it with no problem if your dvd player plays all types of dvds!