rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Vol 2 .
Sapper Mason

Smile ,
Forum , spent a very chilly but great day in Caernarfon today at the launch of Vol 2 * of the book by Alister Williams , though not Zulu war book it was very kind of him to ask me along to the launch , the second book is a MUST as is the first and the blood drained from his face when i asked about Vol 3 ( ? ) . It shows you what dedicated and ( my words ) , intense research can result in . I have learnt a lot from Alister and it was fantastic talking to descendants of men who won a VC later than the Zulu War . The brother of Col Jones VC killed in the Falklands was one of those in attendance . ( Heart Of The Dragon ) *

Can i in this link put right a small point ( ? ) , when making a query re Sgt Care 24 th a few days ago i was putting the question in a rhetorical manner , i have done quite a bit of research on Sgt Care as i suspect have Brecon . There are many levels of skill in this forum , i place myself close to the bottom . I enjoy intense , heated debate and hope personal remarks are not tolerated . This a great forum and input from NOVICE to Gold plated " expert " hopefully will be treated as equals on the same level playing field . Grammar is not my strong point as has been pointed out , i hope i do add to this forum rather than detract from it . I like to share the data i have and by the same yardstick anticipate any that is offered , i have two links in Australia where this is the case . I hope our esteemed " boffins " in this field do not leave ( you know who you are ) and the new boy / girl is treated in the same manner as the long established contributor , we don`t all have intense knowledge , i strive to get better but a person must not feel under the cosh through lack of knowledge or ignorance of a fact or item . A lot are new to this forum and are not sure if a point has been covered earlier , perhaps when this arises Alan could highlight when & where it HAS been covered earlier ( ? ) . I would hope as we enter Nov towards Christmas no personal or hurtful remarks will be leveled against anyone again , thank you , " Sapper " Cool
diagralex

That is a good point Sapper about questions previously covered. It does seem to be a valid problem and perhaps us older members do tend to forget that new members are joining all the time and have not seen all of the topics we have covered on this site.

Alan - Perhaps a new sticky on the Welcome page advising newcomers to search and read about their question, and then posting if they feel it is necessary to raise the matter further.

Graham
BRILLIANT
clive dickens

I received my copy on Wen oflast week it is brilliant and worth evry penny
Clive
Alan
Site Admin

Graham,
I'll see what can be done.