rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Zulu Dawn Film Stills - Specific Images ?
Coll

There is a great still in the book - 'The Zulu War : Then And Now', which shows a black-and-white image of Burt Lancaster standing on the ground, firing his revolver in the company of some 24th men in his last stand.

Is it possible to obtain the full-size colour film still of this anywhere ?

Additionally, the following -

Burt on top of the wagon firing his revolver at the surrounding Zulus.

Simon Ward firing his carbine whilst trapped under his horse.

Thankyou.

Coll
Martin Everett

Coll,

If you have Win DVD player on your PC, then you can select and capture any image from a DVD version of the film. Obviously you can then edit the image using photoshop.

Haydn Jones

Coll

I have sent you a private message about this.

H
Coll

Martin

That is a very interesting answer.

However, I'm not sure of the capability of my computer, regarding a Win dvd player, as well as not knowing how to use photoshop.

Must check these things out.

Haydn

Thankyou.

Please may I ask if it would be possible to contact me privately by e-mail via Alan Critchley regarding this subject, and he could pass details onto myself ?

Alan - Would this be okay ?

I had problems with the e-mail facility on my last computer, hence my trying to now keep contact within the forum.

Thanks again

Coll
Alan
Site Admin

Coll,
absolutely no problem.

Alan

Thankyou. Very Happy

Coll
Coll

Martin

I've managed to get my dvd to play on the computer, but not sure how to capture any individual images.

What would be the way to do this ?

Thankyou

Coll
Martin Everett

Dear Coll,

You need InterVideo WinDVD software - which may (or not) be already on your computer - see list under 'All programs'. There may be other DVD software which also captures still images. There is a website www.intervideo.com I suggest however you contact Peter Critchley - as Alan is still in South Africa as to the best way forward.

The WinDVD Player

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether watching DVD movies on your laptop as you travel, using your computer as a second DVD player for your kids, or watching a movie on your desktop as you work, WinDVD lets you get the most out of any computer with a DVD drive.

In addition to all the features you find in your home entertainment DVD player, WinDVD gives you advanced functionality not possible on your living room DVD player, such as time-stretching, zooming and panning, and thumbnail bookmarks. Personalize WinDVD to get the most out of it; you can customize WinDVD to suit your preferences and hardware.

WinDVD automatically determines the type of disc in your DVD drive and uses the correct playback method for DVD titles, video CDs, or audio CDs.

Play at normal speed, or fit the movie into the time you have available to watch it! Time stretching lets you decide how long the movie takes to view.

You can also use keyboard shortcuts to navigate without a mouse.

Use autohide to hide the control panel until you need it, giving you an unobstructed view of your favorite movie.

If a DVD has it, WinDVD can handle it. WinDVD recognizes all of the author's DVD features and lets you access them through the WinDVD user interface.

Coll

Martin

Thanks for your detailed reply.

Coll
Zulu Dawn Film Stills - Specific Images ?