rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Isandlwana
Robert John

For those who are interested [and I presume that means everyone on this forum] there is an article in the October issue of the Getaway magazine entitled "Isandlwana" by Alison Westwood.
www.Getaway.co.za
Haven,t read it myself but am about to nip out to buy the mag!

Robert

Hello Robert,

Thank you for this interesting information.

I am currently in the process of compiling an Anglo-Zulu War bibliography, and would be very happy to hear from other RDVC forum members who may know of other AZW-related articles (old or new), published in regional or other little-known magazines or periodicals. I will gladly acknowledge all assistance in the forthcoming published volume, as I did in my recently published British Military Operations in Egypt and the Sudan: A Selected Bibliography.

I will look forward to hearing from other members, either via the forum or private message. Thank you.

Regards,
Harold[/i]
Recent Articles
Chris

Harold Raugh wrote:

I will look forward to hearing from other members, either via the forum or private message. Thank you.
Regards,
Harold

Harold ,

There has been as series of articles in the "Mercury" a local KZN / Durban newspaper of the AZW -- issued on the same dates for the 130th

Not sure if this qualifies for going into a bibliography Question They also made a couple of mistakes -- incorrect photos -- wrong captions Exclamation

I beleive that the Mercury covered the original AZW as did the Witness newspaper in PMBG. Both newspapers have their own archives -- although they are no longer under the same ownership.

Chris
Harold Raugh

Many thanks, Chris. I will definitely check this out.
Cheers,
Harold
Martin Everett

Harold,

The six articles in the Durban Mercury were submitted by Peter Quantrill and Ron Lock. I should contact them direct - both are well - had lunch with them two weeks ago in Westhill, Durban.

Last edited by Martin Everett on Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Harold Raugh

Dear Martin,
Thank you for the update. Ron has sent me some helpful information on Wolseley in the past, and I am glad to hear he is doing well. I will send him a PM.
I appreciate the tip!
Best wishes,
Harold
Isandlwana