rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
True Movies Channel - Son Of The Morning Star
Coll

I'm not sure how many get this channel, but 'Son Of The Morning Star' has been appearing on it, which is the mini-series about Gen. Custer and LBH.

It is on again tonight at 9pm, as well as Tuesday at 7pm.

Best example I've seen of the man and the event.

Coll
Coll

Film was as good as I remember it being, although the picture quality was poor, could be doing with the same improvements as 'Zulu Dawn'.

I wonder if Arrow Films will consider releasing this on dvd ?

A worthy purchase indeed.

Coll
rich

Yes, would be nice to get that title..perhaps on blu-ray?????

And since you're a fan of Custer maybe you know of this fine book which came out about a year ago, "A Terrible Glory" about Custer and the debacle at the LBH. It got very good reviews and adds to the tomes written about Custer. The book argues that while Custer was a brave soldier he had a tired group with him and just didn't realize how many Indians were arrayed against him. To top it off, he also never really had a plan to deal with them when he found them. It was "headlong' George who charged into the breach and then into history.

Rich

Yes. About the book, I'm hoping to get the audio cd, the type of which I had hoped would also be used for some AZW titles, adding to the known David Rattray set.

For a mini-series, 'Son Of The Morning Star' was very well made, so well in fact, I'm truly surprised it hasn't been tranferred to a higher quality dvd version, with so many Custer/LBH enthusiasts all over the world, perhaps as a 2 dvd boxset.

I have the book it was partly based on.

No rumours of any U.S. companies releasing it on dvd ?

Coll
rich

I am not aware of any company releasing it on dvd. Strange that it's not out. It's a great story. I'm sure it would sell. Reminds me of one other one I'd like to get...."The Lighthorsemen". Can't get that here! Maybe in Australia I'd guess.