rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Sheldon - Have You Seen The New 'Zulu Dawn' dvd ?
Coll

Sheldon

I've not seen you on the forum for a while, but I know you are busy.

However, I'm keen to know your thoughts on the newly released dvd of 'Zulu Dawn', which is a great improvement.

Do you think it'll raise it up a level now in opinion ?

Thanks

Coll
Sheldon Hall

Hi Coll,

Yes, I have been busy - 'tis the marking season! So apologies for this late reply. I've not seen the new DVD but the reports I've read suggest it's a definite improvement. I may acquire it when I have some spare dosh, though I may instead wait for the Blu-ray - and indeed for a Blu-ray player! I've done a sort of deal with myself not to replace old DVDs with new DVDs but to wait for the superior technology (or wait to see if it catches on and stays on the market). And yes, I do think seeing a film at its best can raise one's opinion of it, however slightly - which is why I usually prefer to see a film on the big screen first, rather than at home!

Sheldon
Coll

Sheldon

Thanks for replying.

I reckon you should try and acquire this new dvd, as I don't think a blu-ray version will be appearing any time soon.

I've watched it countless times and am delighted with its quality.

Coll
rich

Coll/Sheldon..

And it seems the next thing is the Web connected to the tv set. So when you get your big screens you really don't even have to get blu-ray (unless you really want the disc) you can simply "download" the HD film and watch. "Guns of Navarone" here is not on blu-ray yet but I managed to see it on a HD channel. I'v always liked the film and seeing it in pristine color was so good! Blu-ray, hd sure enhances the movie experience as Zulu hd viewers attest as well.