rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
leightarrant

Never a good time to watch a movie, on TV....too many ad breaks, only channel 4 and TCM like to show in correct aspect ratio, and guess what, they both have ad breaks.
rich

OK fellows..just an fyi....shortly you'll be connecting your tv to the Internet and the films will come through.....no ads then but the tv guys will be figuring something out Cool ...

Ad breaks, channel/film sponsors, headlines for the later news, etc. etc.

I tend to just watch the documentary channels thesedays, there are still ads, but at least at the end of the programme I've learned something useful.

Films - I'll stick with dvds or Movies On Demand.

Coll
dodgermuk

rich wrote:
OK fellows..just an fyi....shortly you'll be connecting your tv to the Internet and the films will come through.....no ads then but the tv guys will be figuring something out Cool ...

That used to happen in the early days of DVD's. Only recently, say past two years have i noticed film ad's appearing at the start of a DVD when you play it (damn annoying). Thats why i used to purchase so many DVD's, put it in, menu appears, select play and movie starts. Now before the menu appears, you get a good few mins of fims ad's.
rich

Yes I noticed it too and also usually the price is a bit cheaper. As for blu-ray, right now I'm not certain that ads are shown in the beginning on those discs since they do cost a bit more.

I have just tried to purchase the ZD special addition DVD but the company Playcom does not sell to Australia the drop down box is for Europe only.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can purchase the above.

Many Thanks

Andrew
Melbourne