rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
"British Military History For Dummies"
rich

I was browsing yestderday at the shop and came across this book. I dipped into it and looked for the piece on the AZW. I don't know who edited it but the overview (this is what I got) was that the army's doom was sealed because of "ammunition" problems where it was "stupid" to have quartermasters unwilling to dispense ammo and soldiers having problems opening up the boxes because of the screws while thousands of Zulus were attacking. So there you have it. I think the editor for that area believes wholeheartedly in that "ammo" problem at the battle!

Whew, I'm glad that's finally been resolved. Otherwise, it actually sounds like a pretty good book. How is it, Rich?
Coll

The only book from the series that I've got is 'Screenwriting For Dummies', which is actually okay.

There is another series called 'The Complete idiot's Guide To....'

I don't have any of the latter, do you ?

Coll
Sawubona

I depend on both these series of books for all of my computer "updating", Coll, and I'll bet that I can find at least a score of them within reach as I type. Personally, I prefer the "For Dummies", but either seem to give me a lot of bang for the buck.
rich

Saw:
You know, in my opinion, those books are pretty good obviously for some with perhaps just a very rudimentary or cursory knowledge of the subject being explored. The book in question goes through the various historical periods and talks about the important British military events. And right they got the answer to the battle of Isandhlwana....... Wink Wink !!!! Well I hope people don't stop there though!