rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Gorchboys

Mr. Hall, I'm brand spanking new to this site. I visited it after completing your magnificent book and just wanted to express my appreciation for your dedication and artistry. I've been an admirer of the film "Zulu" since first seeing it on the big screen in the early '60s and have followed it over the years via audio taping its network tv broadcast; staying up late on school nights (or skipping school) to catch it; taping it on my first VCR; buying the first VHS release; buying the Criterion Laserdisc; and then two dvds. I don't know how I missed Beta.
Anyway, your book provided me with hours of enjoyment and satisfied several nagging questions (why isn't Hook seen outside the hospital?). I look forward to further enlightenment.

We deal in lead, friend.
Johnny_H

Well I am afraid I have to chime my 2cents in, Thanks Sheldon.

I really like when Authors speak to those who will read their work, Smile
I just ordered this book, and let me tell you when I saw this book on Amazon.ca my head damn near exploded. I just watched zulu for about the one millionth time, and just off a whim typed Zulu instead of Zulu war in the search bar, and found this wonderfull title which I have ordered and will receive probley on tuesday or wednesday.

I look forward to it, I have always wanted more info about this film, and the Spec.Ed DVD isn't out or looking like its going to come out in North America ( but heheh I'm going to England soon for a trip ill rent or pick it up there )

Thank you again this book looks awsome.

Sheldon Hall

Gorchboys,
(Sam WILD BUNCH Peckinpah fan, eh? Me too...) Looks like our video-collection histories match up exactly! Many thanks for your generous comments - I'm truly flattered. (I also like Steve McQ in THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!)

Johnny H,
Thanks for ordering the book. I look forward to hearing what you think of it. The SE DVD can be ordered easily and cheaply from Amazon.co.uk or bought at a bargain price from any video store over here.

Best,
Sheldon
Johnny_H

Sheldon Hall wrote:
Gorchboys,
(Sam WILD BUNCH Peckinpah fan, eh? Me too...) Looks like our video-collection histories match up exactly! Many thanks for your generous comments - I'm truly flattered. (I also like Steve McQ in THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!)

Johnny H,
Thanks for ordering the book. I look forward to hearing what you think of it. The SE DVD can be ordered easily and cheaply from Amazon.co.uk or bought at a bargain price from any video store over here.

Best,
Sheldon

2006/02/21 08:03 HALIFAX, NS Item out for delivery

So looks like I will have my copy today Cool
I am almost giddy? what is wrong with me.

------ edit --------
I just received it, and I am immediatly impressed, lots and lots of photos.
I will be taking this to work and reading it over in between calls later on.

Zulu With Some Guts Behind It