rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
A-Z War Bibliography and Source Guide
Chris Gosling

Just to let everyone know that I have published an online bibliography and source guide and would appreciate feedback. It can be found at http://members.iinet.net.au/[email protected]/

Thanks in anticipation

Chris Gosling

Chris

Congratulations on a huge work and grateful thanks for highlighting it here. Still digesting it, which will take a while!

What is your criterion for including in your chronological list of publications any title which is not specifically on the AZW? Simply that it has sufficient material within to suggest it might be relevant to someone interested in the war and its background or aftermath? (That's what I'm assuming at present). The idea of listing these titles in strict chronological order of publication is interesting and, in many ways, quite helpful.

Several points have come to me while skimming through rapidly but it will take a more detailed look to be able to make any meaningful comments or suggestions. You include some publications by Harold Raugh. Are you aware of his latest project, of which I understand publication is imminent?

While I remember, a very minor point is that Bishop Lee's autobiography (1949) is entitled Once Dark Country, rather than One Dark Country. No doubt only a typo. Did you consider his 1930 biography of Archdeacon Johnson (Charles Johnson of Zululand) worthy of inclusion?

Again, congratulations and thanks.

Peter
A-Z War Bibliography and Source Guide