rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Rich

OK Sheldon..hey what can I say? I'm into the book... what a piece of detailed work..such a wealth of information..incredible...what I'm especially drawn to is not only the discussion of the film itself but the detail you apply to surrounding events of the time and the people who put it all together.
You know being in the US at the time when the film came out
and finding myself so interested in the topic I felt that I was "cut off" from the film in a few respects for example in its background and those particpated in it. It was you know a "Brit/Welsh" thing in the last resort. This site and your book really pull it all together. When I finish I hope to get my thoughts together over some things in your book. Again thanks for your hard, slogging and dogged work!
Sheldon Hall

Thanks, Rich. I thought it was important to give a sense of the context (1960s, not 1870s) for the film, including placing it within the practices of the film industry as well as the society of the time, and within the lives and careers of the filmmakers. I'm glad if you feel that it's helped clarify things for you.

Best, Sheldon
Sheldon Hall's book out!