rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Spencer Firearm - Blakeslee 10-Tube Quickloader
Denton Van Zan

Spencer Repeating Firearms. by Roy M. Marcot.

Chapter 11, page 166 covers this loading item.

Cartridge box, containing 10 tubes, 7 cartridges in each, used instead of single-loading.

This is an intriguing accessory, so again, I wondered if anyone has handled or used this ?

Many thanks

C.J.

Last edited by Denton Van Zan on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neil Aspinshaw

Isn't this going rather off AZW weapons topic?,

Site Admin

'tis really. Perhaps our contributors will consider using the Off-topic section for unrelated AZW items.

This particular link, that of "sharpsburg arsenal", brought up a BIG, RED warning on my monitor stating that it has been reported as an "Attack Page"-- i.e.: one that is claimed to download malicious files to any computer that links to it. If one googles "sharpsburg arsenal" there is a warning that "this site may harm your computer". Although these are sometimes false warnings, I sure wouldn't go to that site to find out.

Sorry, CJ, but Alan, you might be wise to delete this thread entirely to protect the computers of our members.
Denton Van Zan

All

I've deleted said link, just in case, but I didn't have any problems.

These topics of various arms and equipment follow on from others I started ages ago, with the view that many different types from countries must have found their way into Africa around the time of the Anglo-Zulu War 1879, either through gunrunners or brought in by adventurers, explorers, etc., not forgetting some officers in the campaign were thought to have had sporting weapons for hunting, which I did read in Zulu War sources.

The MH has been discussed a great deal, so the aim was to widen the scope to give members who know of other weapons a chance to post details, who may know more about other countries weaponry.

However, if these topics are to be moved that is okay.

C.J.
Spencer Firearm - Blakeslee 10-Tube Quickloader