rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Voices From the Zulu War by Ian Knight
Dewi Evans

I note that Ian Knight has another new book in the offering, 'Voices From the Zulu War' (Frontline Books), due to be published on the 30th of November 2010.

Dewi.

Just by way of information, this is not a new book but a re-packaging and re-release of Ian's 'By the Orders of the Great White Queen', the rights to which have, apparently, moved on to a different publisher. Ian wasn't involved in the decision; my understanding is that he was consulted neither about a reprint in principle nor about the new title.

I know that Ian, like most authors, is not happy when his books go out under different names: not least because it leads to confusion and because people who have not had a chance to compare the copies may be tempted to part with their hard-earned cash. He is probably the last person who would want that. So if you have BTOOTGWQ (great acronym, no?), do NOT buy this book. Unless you want to, of course.
Dewi Evans

Paul,

Thanks for the info, although I do like the book cover.

Dewi.

Bore da Dewi

I know: I'm forever choosing books because they look good ...

Wink
Denton Van Zan

One of Simon Smith's paintings methinks.

I suspect we'll be seeing more of his paintings on future AZW books, which'll be a nice break from the other over-used images.

Hopefully, 'Durnford Rides Out' will be one of them, and perhaps Simon's version of Hook, etc., defending the hospital door, which was great.

I figured this wasn't a new book, considering the recent release of 'Zulu Rising', but it is confusing all the same, if not previously notified, creating a few disappointed purchasers, I expect.

C.J.
Voices From the Zulu War by Ian Knight