rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Sheldon's Book does well!!!
leightarrant

Hey Guys - I was in Waterstones, Trafalgar Square a couple of nights back and low and behold someone was purchasing three yes 3 copies of sheldon's book!!! I should have made a comment, but he was grumpy looking.....There was only the one copy left by the way....Popular stuff...nice one Sheldon. These stores will soon run out at this rate.
Sheldon Hall

This is good news! As a matter of fact, after only four months on sale, the book has already gone to a second printing. No major revisions, but a nice new pic of me on the inner back flap...

Sheldon
GlennWade

Three times I have been into Waterstones in Swansea, either to point out my picture in the book to a mate, or just general browsing, and every time someone had been looking at a copy, one chap must have been there for a good hour looking through it, he was still there after I had finished my lunch break! Looks like this one's a sure hit Sheldon, but then again, I don't think anyone thought otherwise for a second! By the way, great to see you at the Dinner, you enjoy?

Cheers

Glenn
Johnny_H

Sheldon Hall wrote:
This is good news! As a matter of fact, after only four months on sale, the book has already gone to a second printing. No major revisions, but a nice new pic of me on the inner back flap...

Sheldon

That would be the one I have then

peterw

Sheldon

Delighted to hear the book has done well. Anyone who has read it will appreciate the monumental research it involved. I'm glad that you are receiving the recognition you deserve.

Now, how about a similar tome on "The Man Who Would be King"?

Peter
Sheldon Hall

Glenn,
I did indeed enjoy the Dinner very much, and I think I managed to get away with the after-dinner speech thing! Good to see you again, too.

Johnny,
No, the new run is still at the printers and will feature a picture of me taken at the above-mentioned event, the 1879 Group's Rorke's Drift Dinner earlier this month. The pic of me in the first printing was taken a couple of years ago at the Pictureville Cinema in Bradford - where, not coincidentally, ZULU will be shown in a pristine new print on March 11 this year!

Peter,
Many thanks for your comments. I don't think I could manage another book-length making-of, though (much as I like TMWWBK) - life is too short! I have two other book projects now in the works which will take up at least the next two years.

Sheldon
looking forward to it!
Tom516

As a young film-maker I look forward eagerly to reading this! Is it being released in the UK only or internationally?

Many thanks!

ZULU Making of... EMPIRE REVIEW
leightarrant

Why hasn't the great 'Empire' magazine reviewed this great book????
Or have they???

Sheldon - I hope to make the 11th in Bradford. Otherwise, catch you at the next London bash, whenever that'll be!!

Meanwhile...All eyes on the Christies Poster sale this coming month. Lets have a guess on what that ZULU GB Quad will fetch.....

Any bets on furthering �800 ............
Sheldon Hall

Tom,
It's published in the UK but can be ordered from many websites, including the Royal Regiment of Wales shop on this site and the publishers' at www.tomahawkmedia.co.uk I also know that copies have been imported to the US (if that's where you're based).

Leigh,
I recently emailed one of the EMPIRE reviewers and posed this very question (see the review of the film at www.empireonline.co.uk for a chuckle), but haven't received an answer.
Sheldon's Book does well!!!