rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Anyone wanting information from RE Chatham?
dodgermuk

Hi,

I've noticed in some posts the trouble some people are having getting information from the RE musuem at chatham. I come from Chatham but live in the midlands now but all my family still live nearby, Gillingham mainly. Due to this, usually 3 to 4 times a year i visit my relatives and i make a point of visiting the RE musuem because it's only a short walk from my relatives house.

Basically, what i am offering is my time (free) to pop in an get information that some of you are unfortunate enough to get hold of yourself. I don't mind this at all as i enjoy visiting the musuem. If I'm to be honest, I'm not really an educated man (just very basic school qualifications) so alot of the technical stuff just goes way above my understanding level so i would not really be able to communicate very well one to one with experts from the musuem. With that said, i don't mind acting as a messenger mule, if those wanting any information would provide me with all the necessary details of what they was after, names,dates, who i should be seeing/speaking too, that sort of stuff, i can go and hopefully get it for you.

As i said, the place is very local to my relatives and i have no problem visiting there on anyone elses behalf. My time is free and i am glad to help any of you out. I am hoping to visit them at christmas, still waiting on decision from work manager if we have to work the period or not.

All information will be held in the strictist of confidence. I know some may want information urgently but that is not what I'm offerening, so if time is of the essence for you then sorry i cannot help you. So, the offer is there. I will keep posting in here when i will be next visiting relatives and the musuem.

kind regards
Roger
peterw

Roger

That's a very generous offer - thank you. I've used the RE Museum Library once before and found the staff very helpful although access to the archives is strictly controlled.

Peter
UPDATE: How moved to kent
dodgermuk

Hello to all. Due to a change in my circumstances, i have now moved to Kent. In actual fact, i am only aprox. 10 mins away from the R.E. museum in chatham. Therefore, my original offer in my first post stands.

Those wanting or needing information from the museum, private message me and I'm sure we can work something out with regards times and days, etc.

regards
Roger
Anyone wanting information from RE Chatham?