rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
rich

Rich: You've got a good memory - or do you still listen to the DC5?

O course and I'm not surprised it was #1 since it was a pretty good song that supposedly epitomized that "Tottenham" sound. First time I ever heard of "Tottenham"! In any case at that time there was bedlam here with the girls wearing "I Love Paul, John, Ringo, George" buttons all over the place! If Lennon even said the word "the" the goils would swoon and lose consciousness. I wish I had that much power over women....Wink... Never forgot what Lennon said when he found us on his first trip here here in our bermuda shorts. Said it freaked him out!

And the "Yoo-kay". I'm partial to "England" since it conjoures up in me all its geta history. "Yoo-kay" kind of brings up that question when somebody falls on their head..." Hey you okay?

Which brings me to 'Zulu'. When the moon came up many years ago I was playing the game RISK every day. Some of you have to remember that game. Anyway if my memory serves me there was an area that I think stood in for SA. Well that was our Rorke's Drift. You could have 2 armies on it with your attacker having 50 and your opponent would lament losing army after army trying to get in there. Of course it was just dice rolls but the magic of Zulu infected our games! We sure had fun and then it became a life-long pursuit and here I am!!

With respect for all, I've wandered off to "Chit-chat", hopefully carrying this thread with me. See you there...
Wobblefilms

Saw
I believe all 6 Star Wars films have been remastered and are being released in 3D early next year so its certanly possible.
I imagine the audiance for Zulu in 3D might not be so large so its unlikely to happen in the near future due to the time & expense involved but don't give up hope.
Sky had a 3D set up in the local shopping mall and I had a look at the 3D promo film through the special glasses and I certanily was impressed, especially the football & Rugby,
Colin
Sawubona

Really, Wobble? Huh, that just goes to show how one (I) should never underestimate the power of computers to work CGI magic. I mean, who could have imagined back fifty or so years ago the ease with which a black and white film can be colorized today!

I was fortunate to have seen "Avatar" in 3D and was very impressed. The 3D wasn't used like a toy for its own sake but rather it was discretely applied to enhance the "viewing experience". If done properly (tastefully?), I imagine its application could and would enhance any movie, ZULU included.
50 years of 'Zulu' soon