rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Return of the Bad Penny
Cub

Hello to all, just a quick courtesy greeting to the members of the mess, hoping I won't be forced to down a large bucket of wine.

I was a member many moons ago as a callow youth and return as a sallow oldster. I have an interest in most things military history, especially British, especially British Colonial and especially Anglo-Zulu War.

Last year I finished two books, I am coming to the end of another and when I finish that I may colour in another one if I can find more crayons somewhere.

If anyone here is old or generous enough to remember me they will know I don't have much to offer except for the odd random ramble or facetious remark. My special skill of pontificating about subjects I know nothing about, to people who know a great deal, has sadly been eroded through years of shameful internet mockery. I will try to make a fool of myself from time to time though, just to keep up appearances.

I probably won't be around much except to advertise illegal downloads and questionable pharmaceuticals but it's nice to be back all the same to be able to tap into the hard work and research of my betters without breaking sweat.

Oh, and it's also really nice to see that Coll is still alive because just before I wandered away from the old site he went missing and was presumed snuffed. Does he still obsess about Durnford?
Alan
Site Admin

Welcome back. How was it in the naughty corner?

Alan wrote:
Welcome back. How was it in the naughty corner?

Strangely musty. I suspect rising damp, but whether it's in me or the plaster I lack the courage to find out for sure.

Cub

Is that you Paul ?

I've not long returned from the (very) naughty corner after a year.

Hopefully, I'll win back some friends this year.

Looking forward to your posts again, and your sense of humour. Wink

Coll

P.S. 'Does he still obsess about Durnford ?' - Guilty as charged ! Rolling Eyes
Cub

And like a successful Welsh rugby team, I appear briefly every couple of seasons before once more fading into the valleys.

If all goes to plan, over the next year I will also be able to share some pretty photos of toy soldiers, just to brighten everyone's day.

If anyone would like me to post anything witty or amusing, please could you PM it to me beforehand to save disappointment later.

Site Admin

Look forward to your contributions. Don't build your hopes up for the rugby
but you can take heart at a great Cardiff comeback yesterday.

We've got the players, we just need better coaches and more money.

Sadly these don't seem likely to appear anytime soon and the one seems to impinge 'pon the other.

Who'd be an All-Blacks fan eh? How boring would that be?