rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
leightarrant

Funny enough - I was trying to track Lional Blair down about that silly dance he did way back in '64! Thought it would be a good anecdote for the Zulu exhibition films we did...........O well, I'll keep trying I suppose.

Yes, The ZULU LP......I'll keep it mainly because I love the cover.....(A still
as not seen in the actual film) Plus its got to be quite rare nowadays.
Coll

Leigh

If you could find out who his agent is or a company (Whatever Artists Management ?) you may be able to contact him through them. Idea

Coll
leightarrant

Coll - Yes thanks perhaps I will try, I'm trying to track Glynn Edwards' agent one of a few people I need to interview...also Peter Gill. I'm working on it....
Sawubona

Curious that you should mention Chad and Jeremy, Rich, since "No Tears for Johnny" was the "B" side of their second hit in America "A Summer Song". The first hit of seven top 40 hits in the US (and only hit in the UK) was "Yesterday's Gone". What's curious is that "Yesterday's Gone" was released on the Ember label, which of course is the same label that released the sound track vinyl of ZULU in the UK. The American record release of the ZULU soundtrack is on United Artists, although the actual record is the same. And guess who arranged the strings for "Yesterday's Gone"-- John Barry! Curiouser and curiouser.
rich

You know those I think those C&J songs sound pretty good with Barry's arrangement. Now a big what-if for me is how different would that Beatle sound have been if Barry instead of George Martin was in their recording sessions! Strings on She Loves You??????????? Martin, of course, looks like he did well with them drawing out their creativity. It intrigues me to think how Barry would have gone about it if given the chance.......and I'm wondering if he would have even wanted to do it.