rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Did anyone attend Bradford Widescreen week end??
leightarrant

I couldn't get there (sadly) But was wondering if anyone got there last weekend to see ZULU or Custer Of The West or something?? I believe ZULU looked awesome on the big screen with the great print from the USA.
Maybe the screen at the Barbican could borrow the print sometime!
DazH

Hi,
I didn't get there for the whole weekend as it appeared many who were there did but I did manage to Go see the screening of Zulu. All I can say is WOW! I don't know how many times i have seen it on TV/Video/DVD but none of them compared to seeing it on a big screen.
I saw it a couple of years ago in a small 'art house' cinema but then the screen wasn't massive and the print was a bit rough in places but Saturdays showing was excellent. Really big screen, top quality print. Also a near full house added to the atmosphere,especially as a show of hands before the film revealed that many people there were seeing the film for the first time (a bizarre revelation that appeared to be explained by the fact that most of these people were form the continent so wouldnt have had the opportunies we have had to see it).
Following the film was a presentation on British firearms of the Zulu war (God some of those bayonets look scary) and then Sheldon Hall Interviewed the original sound editor who worked on the film onstage (apologies but i cant recall his name at the moment, ddoooh) which also proved very interesting. Finally some interview clips with James Booth were shown. All in all a great afternoon and well worth the effort of going to see.
If any of you get the chance to see this, definitely make the effort.
Cheers
Darren.
leightarrant

Cheers darren, Wish i could have made it........a big miss. I last saw ZULU in the cinema in about 1976. Roll on a London screening.
Did anyone attend Bradford Widescreen week end??