rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
John Dunn: Heart of a Zulu now available for purchase
MarkD

Hello fellow enthusiasts.

Two years ago, I had posted that my book, John Dunn: Heart of a Zulu had been accepted for publication. It is now published and available for purchase. You can find it at Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble online. The following is the book's blurb:

John Dunn, Heart of a Zulu is based on the true story of John Dunn, the white chief of Zululand, beginning with the Battle of enDondakusuka in 1856 and concluding with the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879. The compelling South African events and Dunn�s incredible experiences during those turbulent years rival the greatest frontier stories of the American West.

Despite fighting against Prince Cetshwayo in the Battle of enDondakusuka, twenty-two year old John Dunn becomes best friends with the future Zulu king and his most trusted advisor. For that friendship, Cetshwayo awards Dunn a vast subkingdom in Zulu territory, bestows upon him several Zulu wives, and elevates him to the status of a Zulu chieftain.

For the next twenty years, Dunn lives like an African king, but not without enemies. Theophilus Shepstone, the Natal Secretary of Native Affairs, despises Dunn for his lofty status amongst the Zulu people. And Cetshwayo�s brother, Prince Dabulamanzi, resents Dunn for surpassing him in wealth and for his friendship with the king.

At the outbreak of the Anglo-Zulu War, King Cetshwayo permits Dunn to stay neutral. But the British tell Dunn he must choose a side, and if he doesn�t choose them he�ll stand trial as a traitor. Can Dunn remain loyal to Cetshwayo and fight against his own people? Or must he betray the Zulu king and join the British side of the conflict?
AMB

Mark,

All the very best!

Kind regards,

AMB
Alan
Site Admin

Mark,
I've deleted the details you put here for buying the book because you didn't respond to my post about unauthorised advertising.

I sincerely apologize for that, sir. I would surely have responded had I seen it. Might I post the following endorsements, then?

�Based on the extraordinary true story of John Dunn, a white adventurer who became a Zulu chief, �Heart of a Zulu� is a rip-roaring African adventure to rival Wilbur Smith, an epic saga of friendship and betrayal, passion and conflict played out against the tragic background of the fall of a great African kingdom.� Ian Knight, author of Zulu Rising; The Epic Story of Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift

�This book is a deeply researched historical drama, based upon real events and individuals that will transport the reader to tribal Zululand at the dawn of the Scramble of Africa. If you enjoy historical drama, this is a fascinating and fun read!� A M Banks FRGS, reviewer for Soldier Magazine and the British Army Review
Alan
Site Admin

You mean like that?

I hope you appreciate that the rules must apply and trying to circumnavigate them isn't acceptable.