rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
New Col Durnford Books To Be Released
Colin

Last edited by Colin on Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Colin

Kris Herron...if you are a member here, this is Coll just to say that Facebook has been messing about with my account...again - locking, unlocking, blocking, etc - that Iíve given up trying, as it was only Ianís AZW Group I was a member of, never used it for anything else, so Iíll be here as long as Alan doesnít mind, as unable to join the other AZW websites.

So, just to say good luck again with your book, but will not be posting any more on the FB Group(s) including your own...whichíll be a relief to many, especially the (usual) 24th fan(s) !😁 as no more Anthony topics there...by me at least.

Hope you are okay with me being back Alan...in order to maintain contact with the AZW Community ?
AMB

Looking forward to the publication of this Durnford book. Another excellent title by Helion and Co.

I suspected that Coll (maybe this groupís biggest Durnford fan!) would share this interest.....😃

Another for the library.

AMB
Colin

I feel obliged to notify on this topic that confusion appears to have arisen on both the publishers and release dates of the Durnford book(s)

Iíve only recently found out that this publisher Helion had financial difficulties, therefore another publisher was involved, which as Iíve also found out has published what is two volumes of Durnford books - one titled as here mentioned, the other covering the Isandhlwana Papers - as advertised on amazon U.K. The front covers on all three of these books are very much identical, especially the latter publications, so check headings when ordering.

Personally, I had pre-ordered the publication shown above as the initial item, and have decided to not cancel it to prevent crossing-over payments causing more confusion for myself....apparently due about 11th September.

Iíve ordered the second volume from the other publisher, due around 28th August....there my own situation remains until issues are resolved.

There may also be some confusion over formats needing clarified, mentions of paperback and ebooks primarily, as for hardbacks I know not.

My apologies Alan for posting, but felt the situation may need to be known...as much as is possible to know that is...

Hopefully it will correct itself soon...

Coll

Last edited by Colin on Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Live And Die On This Day

- The Grey -
AMB

Coll,

Thanks for the update.

Are you able to give the details of all the books?

Thank you in advance.

AMB
Colin

AMB

You will find a bit more details about the books on the authorís Facebook page listed as ĎCol Anthony William Durnford Facebookí - along with other interesting information, letters, locket photo of Anthony, etc., in some recent posts by the author herself.

Coll

Live And Die On This Day

- The Grey -
Colin

Further to the above.

Iíve just received Volume 2 of the set which was ordered from the other publisher, Iíd cancelled Volume 1 from Helion and reordered it from this company.

Iím delighted after all these years waiting for such a publication, the fact that there are two volumes is more than I could have wished for at the beginning

Coll

Last edited by Colin on Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Live And Die On This Day

- The Grey -
Colin

Lastly...

Volume 1 has just arrived. Quick and excellent service from amazon U.K., my versions being paperbacks.

Quality and look of book covers are fantastic and nicely finished.

Contents are written in a good size lettering, clearly defined in short paragraphs.

Additionally, Iím sure they could start a few interesting discussions by members on forums....

Coll

Live And Die On This Day

- The Grey -
Colin

With your permission Alan...

As there are no real reviews as yet, due to publishing issues at the beginning, leading onto the incorrect file being used to print the two volumes at the moment on sale at amazon U.K., and likely elsewhere...creating complications with either returning the items and gaining a refund...or as Iím hoping, the planned correct file editions apparently being published properly this month of October.....being sent free to those who have paid for and acquired the two incorrect volumes...the latter with numerous errors.

That being said, Iíve read both these incorrectly issued volumes, and ignoring to an extent any obvious errors, am pleased to say the info contained is both intriguing and illuminating to post-Isandhlwana events...

Not wishing to give away the details, I do think they will be an eye-opener to many and quite possibly a worry to others....depending on opinions...

Whatever the result of the mistakes, going by what Iíve read in the books, Iím keeping these two incorrect versions...as comparisons for the two newer publications, to see just exactly what amendments were made to the former to end up with the finished item...

This is not exactly....or canít be...a proper review of the Durnford volumes...but I guess better than not reading anything other than the blurb and the printing fault-finding...

Not sure what the AZW FB pages are saying about them...still trying to sort out my account...so canít see all the info on their forums...

Live And Die On This Day

- The Grey -
New Col Durnford Books To Be Released