rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Every Screenshot Like A Painting - Making A New Zulu Film
Colin

Finally got to watch 300 and 300:Rise Of An Empire on a larger screened tv, reminding me of the continued topics about a future film.

With recently seeing how to bring inanimate portraits of participants to life, I started thinking how to bring the subject up to date in the film world.

Many, if not most, hate the idea of the techniques used in these films, which are actually a few years old now, meaning they are now more advanced than then.

Obviously, unlike the 300 films, a new Isandhlwana and/or Rorke�s Drift will have more attention to detail regarding uniforms, etc., sticking as close to the history as able to. It also means Mt Isandhlwana, the battlefield itself and the camp, plus numbers of men involved can be recreated instead of a 1 to 5 ratio, or more...

Plus when you see the film posters, or dvd cover for the 300 films, you can see the possibilities for a similar modern exciting visual presentation for advertising in cinemas, etc., to the same extent as the ZULU posters from 1964 appeal.

This is the cover for the dvd set I am ordering, but you can imagine similar for Isandhlwana/Rorke�s Drift film art, with the likes of pith helmet, Zulu assegais, etc., or use other film posters for examples.

I know this is a subject that has been discussed in-depth, but to seriously consider the �how to� and �method of� accomplishing such battles on the screen, without the need for location filming, etc., is the way to go.

I wasn�t going to post any more on the actual history, but thinking of new films (not remakes) after seeing the 300 films as they were meant to be seen, on a bigger screen for the full effect, reactivated my interest in this area.
Every Screenshot Like A Painting - Making A New Zulu Film