rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Best ZULU Dvd Cover/ZULU DAWN Poster I�ve Ever Seen
Colin

Recently, with mentioning how a modern dvd cover/poster for ZULU DAWN/ZULU could look today, by chance I happened to see this apparently Spanish version of the dvd.

This is absolutely the best dvd cover for the film I�ve ever seen, I�d buy it even just for that, a poster-size version of it would look good on a wall.

Certainly gives an idea what can be accomplished to appeal to modern purchasers, though they do say never judge a book/dvd by its cover, but in this case the film is as good as the cover suggests

Last edited by Colin on Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colin

Plus, I could say the same for this French poster for ZULU DAWN, as I feel such modern-looking depictions, re-energise the films� appeal, even for myself.

Personally, I think AZW books should follow suit, instead of mostly the Fripp�s famous last stand painting or Butler�s Rorke�s Drift, although I guess that is what many enthusiasts identify with the most, publishers too.

It certainly would be nice to finally have a variety of completely new covers for books, aimed at a modern readership, as competition to buy books on other subjects can be strong.

Keeping using the same images almost borders on laziness and lack of imagination, even when considering the initial costs financially to change things, as I think they could be recovered eventually due to renewed interest and possibly new readers.
Colin

Years ago, someone made a fan edit of ZULU DAWN, where he included the partial eclipse of the sun and added more Zulus to those who were attacking Durnford�s donga, amongst other changes, but it was his version of the film poster I really liked -

Rather than showing actors, he made the mountain itself the main subject.

He even placed Mt Isandhlwana over the mountain in the film, in the scene where Chelmsford is returning with the lancers -

Best ZULU Dvd Cover/ZULU DAWN Poster I�ve Ever Seen