rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
New Isandhlwana And Rorke�s Drift Book 2021
Colin

It appears a new book about these battles is to be released, hopefully by the looks of it, as a time-related project a bit like the book I bought about the Little Bighorn a few years ago -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rorke's-Drift-Isandlwana-Minute-January/dp/1784385344/ref=sr_1_83?dchild=1&keywords=zulu+war&qid=1599050543&s=books&sr=1-83
Alan
Site Admin

It will be interesting to see what it contains, not before known, which would makes it a worthwhile read. It does say it follows the lives of some of those who took part.

I�ve just received the hardback copy of the book.

On quickly glancing through it, there are several black and white photographs, maps and some nice images in colour.

The print is a a good size instead of straining your eyes, obviously each section of the timing is in small paragraphs, explaining what is happening at that moment.

Looks interesting and quite possibly a quick read, though question why Rorke�s Drift is before Isandhlwana on the front cover, but that is a minor issue, additionally the cover illustration differs from that advertised.

Ah, well, as not at present reading a book, will make a start on this one today.
Colin Fielding

Morning, Rorke's Drift is before Isandhlwana on the front cover because historically, that's the order that the films were made Very Happy

Happy New Year all.

Best regs, Col.
AMB

Dear All,

The author assures me that the issues with these two books have been resolved.

However, I'll still wait until maybe next month before - finally - adding these two to my library.

AMB
New Isandhlwana And Rorke�s Drift Book 2021