rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Frequently asked questions...
Peter
Site Admin

Hi there,

I thought it might be a good idea to cover some of the FAQ's..

How do I get to see the forums?

You need to register. Don't worry! It's nice and simple. Click on the "Register" link at the top of the page, and you'll be taken to a form. You need only fill out the first section with your member name, password, email address, and if you like, your location details etc.

Once you click on the "submit" button at the bottom of the page, you need to go to your email and look out for the email from the forum. Once you have received this, click on the link and that's it - you're ready to go!!

I have to keep logging in, and it's driving me nuts!

It's OK, once you have entered your username and password, click the check box underneath, and you'll be automatically logged in everytime. Saves having to put your name and email in everytime as with the old system!

How can I tell when there have been new messages?

When you look at the main page for the forums, you will see a tick next to each forum with new posts since your last visit. This also applies to new topics in forums. You can also click on the "view posts since last visit" option at the top right. There are a few useful links there, so have a play!

What's all this about "Who is Online"??

At the bottom of the main home forums page, you can see any other users who may be online at the same time as you. You can also see who is a registered member by clicking on the memberlist at the top of the page

How can I change my details?

Once you have chosen a member name, that's it. You can only change other settings such as password, email address and other details. If you want to change your username, please just email Peter at [email protected] and I'll sort it out for you! Smile
Frequently asked questions...