rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Genealogy Fair .
Sapper Mason

I thought this might be of interest to those who do research for both a living and a hobby , for the novice genealogist and historian . There is an event in Olympia in London during May , details from the internet . If two people go together the cost is halved , many and involved questions can be posed at this event and a better perception of how to trace that elusive ancestor .

Elsewhere in this forum i have attempted to lay the groundwork for accurate data, in a recent publication i saw for instance the death of FRED HITCH VC reported as the 13th Jan 1913 and his marriage taking place in 1880,having 6 children , these statements are actually incorrect as the marriage took place in 1881 , he died on Jan 6th 1913 and had 11 children of which 8 survived . This is but one example .

My point at bringing this up again is to hope that future books , publications and articles do not repeat errors which have been printed previously, if i ever write a book myself i hope the facts presented hold water when examined by those with far greater knowledge of the life and times of those that took part in the Zulu war of 1879 . Smile
Genealogy Fair .