rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
The Making Of 'Zulu'
leightarrant

On this forum a long time ago there was mention of some 16mm black and White film taken on the set of ZULU back in 1964. Can anyone refresh me where this film lays and whom to get in touch with should we want to view it? It would be a valuable assett to the DVD film distributers for a future DVD release of ZULU in the next few years. It seems that James Bond films get re released every 5 years or more with even 'more' extras than the numerous previous releases of the same title, this too can be said of some of the more big films from days gone by also. The inclusion of the ZULU 'making of' must surely be of interest to the right party. Please note that the 'GUNS OF NAVARONE' has just been re released on DVD, proving a point that whether your a film historian, movie buff or a military historian, that one will always buy a latest release of a great movie because of added bonuses and unseen footage.
AMB

Wasn't this footage being shown some time ago by Ian Knight?

AMB
leightarrant

I think it was shown to a group of people in Wales last year by the finder. it was found in someones garage.....black and white, about 15 mins worth of 'cuts' which is mute I believe....
Mel

The film is, or was, owned by Jay Pinto. He made a very brief appearance on the forum last year but has since disappeared again. The last I heard was that he is trying to sell the film for it to be included in a "making of" documentary.