rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Did I ever see a Zulu walking down the city road...
leightarrant

Just a word whilst I was walking down a busy road, Whilst passing a bookshop on the Charing Cross Road, I saw Caine/Baker on the front cover of a book that is quite new. It features principally English cinema, and there is a complete section in it about ZULU. Not having a spare �27, I read a small section and placed the book back down for another rainy pay day. So, I go back, hasten to add that the book had gone. Can anyone enlighten me on the name and publisher of this book?? sadly, I didn't take note of its title, or anything - as I was sure that they'd have a copy next time I was passin'
Sheldon Hall

I think this is James Chapman's "Past and Present: National Identity in the British Historical Film", published by I.B. Tauris. A link to Amazon is given below. James gave a very favourable review of my book in the Journal of British Cinema and Television, and I helped him corrections in his own book, so I can heartily recommend it!

Sheldon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Past-Present-National-Identity-Historical/dp/1850438080/ref=sr_1_5/202-3355670-0107047?i.e.=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183047848&sr=1-5
Did I ever see a Zulu walking down the city road...