rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Film memorabilia
Simon Rosbottom

These may be of interest to the collectors out there. No current bidders so I won't be spoiling anyones chances.

Film script copies and a 24th tunic.

http://dvd-video.search.ebay.co.uk/zulu_Film-Memorabilia_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQsacatZ57

...and, no, I'm notselling them.

Simon

It'll be interesting to know the end bid for the shooting scripts, especially 'Zulu', which many are seeking, I think.

Hopefully, they are the genuine things.

Coll
peterw

The seller states the scripts are photocopies - whether the autograph is also copied, or was signed on the photocopy, is not clear.

Peter
Coll

Although the 'Zulu Dawn' screenplay is online to read, if the one being sold here is (actually?) signed by Burt Lancaster, what a bonus.

Well, for me specifically.

Even being photocopies, I'm sure the 'Zulu' shooting script will be popular.

It (usually) can't be gotten anywhere.

Coll
Peter Ewart

Coll

Gotten??? Surprised

Does this mean you've moved away recently and settled a few thousand miles west, Coll, perhaps to get away from our awful January weather? Don't blame you! Mind you, I should think it's just as draughty up there at LBH at this time of year, so I'll lay a bet you've settled on Hollywood instead - much warmer. And it brings the chance to rub shoulders with a few screenplay writers. But watch out - they'll have you cursing those pesky varmints and danged critturs next ... Laughing Wink Laughing Wink

Peter
Coll

Peter

My apologies.

That's what happens when I try to think and talk like an American adventurer in 19th Century Africa ! Wink

Hollywood ? It's just as draughty. They gave me a brush and a tin of paint to freshen-up the HOLLYWOOD sign on the hill ! Laughing

So much for fame, but the view is good. Smile

Coll
Coll

I didn't see the scripts today.

Have they been sold ? What did they sell for ?

Thanks

Coll
Jeff Dickinson

The scripts had 0 bids and the Tunic went for 62 pounds.
Coll

Jeff

How annoying. I really would have wanted the scripts.

Perhaps, people weren't convinced they were the 'real deal'.

I'd still have liked the option.

Ah, well....another day. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for letting me know.

Best

Coll
Simon Rosbottom

Coll,

eMail the seller, they will often sell privately.

Regards

Simon

Thanks. However, sending e-mails is a bit of a problem for me at the moment, having sent (and lost) a couple already.

Probably the scripts will be gone by now, as I'd be/and was surprised if there was no offers at all. Even out of curiosity.

I thought they'd go for as much/or more than the recent Peter O'Toole's helmet, which went for �261 (?)

It's hard to judge these things, isn't it ?

Coll
Simon Rosbottom

Coll, The scripts are back - almost 7 days to go.

I've just thought, make as many copies as you like and keep knockingthem out on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Final-shooting-scripts-from-Zulu-Zulu-Dawn-movies_W0QQitemZ170190338301QQihZ007QQcategoryZ18833QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Regards

Simon

I think I'll have to pass them by. If no-one else is bidding, there must be quite a majority who doubt the scripts being authentic.

It is a shame that honesty and trust are questioned, but I don't want to appear daft and purchase fakes.

Coll
piero55

I came late in this discussion, but I remeber that some 3 or 4 years ago Regimentals has on sale signed photos of Stanley Baker, Michael Caine and script of the movie, the price were very high, not sure, but for a photo hundred of pounds and for the script even more.

Piero
Gotten
Keith Smith

Peter E/Coll

The questioning of Coll's use of gotten did not convince me. Many so-called Americanisms are actually derived from the original English usage at the time of earlier emigrants. Meanwhile we have moved on from the use of gotten to abbreviate it to got (such an ugly word) but we have, for some reason, held on to the past participle of forget as forgotten, although I fear that may be in danger too.

KIS
Film memorabilia