rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Stanley Baker-signed ZULU menu card for sale
apricot_molehill

Hello,

I expect forum members might be interested in an item that I am currently selling through eBay:

ZULU luncheon menu SIGNED BY Stanley Baker (1964)

A terrific piece of genuine 1960s film memorabilia: this menu card is from a showmanship luncheon associated with the 1964 film Zulu, the luncheon was dated Wednesday 29th January 1964. The items on the menu don't sound too appetizing (Lion's Blood soup anyone?) but the autograph on the inside makes it very appealing - star of the film Stanley Baker! My father was a cinema manager at the time and was invited to the luncheon along with several colleagues (who signed the back of the menu - see photo) and he personally approached Stanley Baker for his autograph.

The card is still in good condition, no creases, corners and edges fine and showing only minor 'age spots' (again see photos). 230mm x 153mm when opened.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250237910154&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=015
Sheldon Hall

The Lion's Blood soup was probably just tomato! (and I'm guessing the elephant fillewt was beef...) You can see photos from this Showmanship Luncheon in my book ZULU: WITH SOME GUTS BEHIND IT.
Stanley Baker-signed ZULU menu card for sale