rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
'300' Trilogy - Prequel And Sequel Planned
Coll

I know a few were not keen on '300', but I've just read in the paper that a prequel and sequel by the same makers is being planned, including Frank Miller.

I wonder if they'll cover Marathon and Platea ?

Coll
rich

Ah Coll I know you liked "300". I guess I'm too far gone with those kinds of film treatments though I know the next installment will be as visually impressive as the first. In my heart though I'd wish that kind of money would go to an intelligent, historical dvd on the AZW which would present the great story and have real good production value while in South African real estate. Right now I only have two dvd's. I could use more.

Robert John

Speaking of DVDs, and I know this has been mentioned before a long time ago, but does anyone know if "Black as Hell, Thick as Grass", the brilliant video by the late, great Kenneth Griffith will ever be brought out on DVD?
I did manage to record it on video all those years back when it was screened on television but over the years and dozens of viewings it has suffered greatly and to have it on DVD would be brilliant!

Pob Hwyl,

Robert

Robert,

I currently have the master tape of Ken's work, however, it is on U-matic tape. Prior to Ken's death he had given verbal permission for the reproduction on to DVD. One transfer effort was made and Ken was very upset by the result.

I have spoken to Ken's eldest son, David, about the tape. David feels there are copyright issues which might prevent any future reproduction, and might have an impact on his late father's estate.

Best I can say at the present time, I'm afraid.

John Y.
DVD
Robert John

John,

Many thanks for answering my query---if you do get any further information please let me know.

Robert

John:
I haven't seen Mr. Griffith's work but it appears from the discussion that it was a very good work. Perhaps it could see the light of the day if the family could explore the copyright issues. Maybe, at second glance, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Robert: There are companies I believe who can save and rescue your your worn copy. Might be worth it.