rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Zulu Dawn VHS Presentation Box Set ?
Coll

I guess this would be considered a Collector's item now, but did anyone obtain it ?

It has a video of the film, stills, poster and screenplay.

What are the contents like, as in, are they good quality ?

Thankyou

Coll
leightarrant

Coll - If I had one, I would have given it to you, honest! I remember seeing it not long ago (somewhere!) I had the VHS widscreen version in a nice cardboard 'box' at some point, but gave it away along with all my other vhs films years ago, to start collecting the new format of the day 'DVD' Now days, I'm starting over, and Getting blu rays, although this time, I'll be more selective and wait for prices to drop in years to come. Probably this time I'l pick up the major epics that I love and no more, just keep what I have on DVD. There are too many titles to buy over again. For the record, here's a few films I'd love to get on blu ray as and when they become available:

ZULU dawn

CUSTER OF THE WEST

SHALAKO

THE ALAMO (WAYNE) uNCUT VERS. I have a VHS of the complete version.

GUNS OF NAVARONE

BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI

JAWS

WATERLOO

LAURENCE OF ARABIA

PLANET OF THE APES THE GREAT ESCAPE PAPILLON
MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY (BRANDO) O LUCKY MAN!
ONE EYED JACKS (RESTORED VERS) ITS A MAD MAD MAD WORLD
BUTCH CASSIDY & THE SUNDANCE KID BATTLE OF BRITAIN
WHERE EAGLES DARE

As you can see, I prefer the older stuff...
Coll

Leigh

Thanks for replying.

I'd like to acquire the presentation set, although as a collector's item, rather than playing the video, etc.

I was hoping there was a company I could get it from by post, as I'm unable to bid in any online auction, etc.

If anyone knows the postal address where I could obtain it, I'd appreciate you letting me know in a PM.

I once owned a couple of copies of the Zulu Dawn novel, but both were very tatty, and ended up disposed of.

I don't want to order through amazon, as the quality is unseen, but if someone knows where a mint copy of it is available, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Coll
leightarrant

I'll keep my eyes peeled and give you a tip off if I should see one. I have the 'on her majesty's secret service ' one and nearly bought the 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' one......but thats about it vhs wise....they are becoming relics of the past. Happy hunting Coll.
Coll

Leigh

Thankyou very much.

I've seen several illustrated elsewhere for sale, but their condition unseen firsthand.

Hopefully, I'll get a quality presentation box set, plus the novel, before the year is out.

Thanks again Wink

Coll
Presentation set
Robert John

Coll,

There are two on E-Bay---unfortunately they are both Pal and , correct me if I am wrong, but as you live in the U.S.A. they won't work otherwise I could have bid for you and sent it over.

Robert

Robert

Thankyou. That was extremely thoughtful. Smile

I've seen the box sets illustrated on ebay, but I don't/can't bid myself, as well as hearing some stories about the difficulties people had obtaining items, which they had bid on.

I live in the U.K., but although your offer is most generous, you don't know me, so it wouldn't be right for me to expect you to bid on my behalf.

Thanks again. I don't forget such kind offers of help.

Coll
ayr41

Zulu Dawn VHS Presentation Box Set ?