Just saw this, due for release on the 27th April

www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/8903001/Zulu-Dawn-Special-Edition/Product.html
Coll

Excellent !

Thankyou for letting us know !

Coll
Coll

Further to the above.

It doesn't appear to be advertised anywhere else, so will that mean it won't be available in shops, only at the above location ?

Or is it too early to be mentioned on amazon, etc. ?

Thanks

Coll
Coll

Although not listed as a special edition, a version of 'Zulu Dawn' is released on April 27th 2009.

On amazon.uk, it shows the cover and a short trailer from the film, which, may be a more improved quality than the last.

Hard to tell though.

I'll be getting it anyway.

I'll give a review here if wanted.

Coll
Coll

Yes !

Phoned HMV and they have confirmed they're getting it in. Very Happy

Coll
Simon Rosbottom

Simon

Thanks.

Yes. I've seen the presentation box sets appearing, but don't/can't bid on ebay.

However, now that another dvd release of 'Zulu Dawn' is imminent, I'll focus on it, but not exactly sure how much it is. One place says � 19.99, elsewhere says � 9.99. Confused

I still hope to get 2 copies though.

It seems there is a documentary included, but no real details about it, called 'Blood Mountain'.

Coll
Coll

Further to the above.

Apparently, the documentary is from 1999, narrated by Ian Knight and is 45 mins duration.

Coll
DVD
Robert John

Coll,

I have the VHS version of " Blood Mountain, Re-enacting the battle of Isandlwana :
It is written and narrated by Ian Knight and the copyright is owned by Countrywide Productions 1999.
It gives a full account of the battle and also tells the story of the adventures of a group of British history enthusiasts who, in January 1999--120 years on--set out to walk in the footsteps of history,and to re-enact the events at Isandlwana on the battlefield itself.

Robert

Robert

Thanks for the details.

Do you know if it was ever on television, as I don't seem to recall seeing it ?

There is just a small line about the documentary on the link in the original posting of this topic, but its inclusion doesn't appear to be mentioned on amazon, so I'm not sure it is confirmed.

It is a company called Arrow Films which is releasing the dvd.

Next Monday is the release date, so I'll be able to check the full contents then, or as near as.

Thanks again

Coll
Coll

Sheldon and/or Leigh

Are you aware of this dvd release next week and the company Arrow Films ?

I've got the feeling the dvd transfer will be much the same as the other dvd, but hope it might be improved a bit.

Thanks

Coll
leightarrant

Coll - No I'm not aware of Arrow films I'm afraid. Judging by what I can read, this new Special edition is purely a 'special edition' because of the enclosed documentary which accompanies the main feature. Nowhere can I read that it is an enhanced transfer digitally or soundtrack wise. I just wished they'd release it in blu ray format. Worth getting on DVD though...
I like the front cover artwork. I will be checking in HMV on its release, to just read the sleeve notes to see exactly whats in the box. I'll look forward to reading your review in due course.
rich

You know with all the press on new special editions and blu-ray I've always wished that the Criterion films company who I know some of you are familiar with could come out with ediitons of Zulu And Zulu Dawn...and with all the nice appropriate background, criticism and commentary they are known for. I like that because it puts the films in context and makes viewers get an enhanced look at its production. I know years ago they had laserdisc edition but I guess they passed on the rights.

Leigh

Thanks for your reply.

Arrow Films supply rare classic and cult films mostly on dvd.

They have their own website which gives details, including film availability.

Maybe they take requests, as I think there are quite a few classics out there, not yet on dvd.

Coll
leightarrant

Coll - Okay, I'll check out their website and put a couple of request in. Namely, Custer of the West Uncut version (I have an NTSC vhs of this in widescreen) also I have a dodgy uk dvd version, but its the cut version and not digitally remastered like the vhs American tape. Also I'll be requesting 'Operation Daybreak', which, to this day still hasn't had a dvd release, nevermind blu ray! Worth noteting that with some American DVD releases, they sometimes tend to release the full uncut versions unlike the uk versions.....to name but a few: Its a mad mad mad mad world, The Shining, Custer of the West, Scooge......and so many more.
Zulu Dawn special edition DVD