rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Coll

John

Thanks for the info.

I can't remember where I read this, but does anyone know if there was talk of 'Dragon Models'(?) producing a collectable 12" Durnford figure to compliment their 24th soldier ?

I'm not sure if it was a discussion, a suggestion or an actual announcement made by the company ages ago.

Coll

PS. I see 'Empress Miniatures' have released Col. Durnford 28mm figures on foot and horseback.
tonyjen1

A little late to this discussion, but have recently purchased all but the Zulu figure of the Mike French set. I'm curious to know if this is the full range or are there others? Found it difficult to get certain figures so have decided to mould the originals and pour them in pewter. That way I can keep the originals. So far I have Chard, Bromhead and Cpl Allen in Pewter. Have also moulded the 17th Lancer and Colour Sergeant Bourne. Am interested in attaining the full set so would be grateful if anyone has a full list of the set.

Cheers

Tony
Mike French 120mm Scale Zulu War Figures are back
Dewi Evans

I attended the Sword and Lance Military Modelling show in Darlington last Saturday, and to my extreme delight I came across a company that now produces the whole Mike French 120mm range of Zulu War figures and which were actually on sale at the show.
For those of you who are interested the Company who've bought the masters and are now producing the Figures are '1879 Miniatures' and the proprietor is Richie Auton. http://www.1879miniatures.co.uk/

Dewi

Dave Colbourne

I reckon the 1879 Miniatures website needs a bit of work doing to it; I used the link in Dewi's post but the site doesn't really show much at all. The only figure shown is a bust of Pip, the Rorke's Drift terrier! No mention of the Mike French figures or, indeed, any other figures. May have to wait until the site is updated for details.
Alan
Site Admin

I think the site should state that it is still being created. There is no contact section.
I also think they may get a little flack saying 'Celebrating the Zulu War in miniature'.

I've been able to contact 1879 Miniatures, and apparently for the initial short term period 1879 Miniatures has removed all it's stock due to losing it's sub contract casting facility.

The caster has needed to cease due to serious personal circumstances and 1879 Miniatures have assured me that they will update their site as soon as they are in production again with a new casting facility.

Sooner rather than later I hope Smile

Regards,

Dewi