rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
The Caine Mutiny Court Martial Dvd ?
Coll

I'm not sure how I missed the fact is was available on dvd, apparently released in 2010, but in Region 1, not suitable for the U.K.

It is the tv movie starring Brad David and Jeff Daniels.

Does anyone know if the Region 2 dvd (not video) is available in the U.K., as I've been wanting to get this film for years ?

Thanks in advance

Coll
AMB

Coll,

It is a simple re-programme of your DVD player to gain 'all-region' compatability.

Look up your DVD player on-line and I'm sure you'll find out how to do it.

AMB
Coll

AMB

I've recently been informed about All Regions dvds being able to be used on our dvd player, but never heard of having to adjust the player for to play them.

I'll check for the info.

Thanks

Coll
AMB

Coll,

All region DVDs will work on all DVD players. I suggested re-programming your DVD to accept DVDs from all regions, i.e. those that are region 1, 2, 3,4 etc.

AMB
Coll

AMB

I did what you suggested and found the necessary info on the net, having now hopefully managed to set my dvd player for multi-region, though I'll have to wait for the Region 1 dvd to try it out. Very Happy

Very many thanks indeed ! Wink

Coll
AMB

Coll,

I'm glad it worked.

Welcome to the world of multi-region!

AMB
Coll

AMB

Dvd arrived. Tried it on the player for a short while and seems to work perfectly. Will watch it fully tonight.

Thanks again Wink

Coll
Coll

The film was very much clearer than on television, improving the quality a great deal. It was pleasing to find out that several deleted scenes were put back in, which I hadn't seen previously.

Brad Davis is excellent as Queeg - the commander who is demolished on the stand, having no defence counsel, due to the fact that it wasn't his court-martial, but a mutinous junior officer.

Highly recommended.

Coll
The Caine Mutiny Court Martial Dvd ?