rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Is Dawn's Novel Released Yet ?
Coll

I've been wondering about the novel Dawn was working on that was connected to the AZW - anyone know anything about it ?

Thanks

Coll
Dawn

Hi Coll

Just found this on a wander through the posts and nice to think that you still remembered me after all this time. I wish I could say the book was out but as you know from my other post, it is not.

I completed the book some time ago but publishing, even as an ebook, has taken longer.

For all those thinking of writing a book, I give you this advice - writing it is the easy part, getting it published is the hard part! This may not be the case for non-fiction, but is certainly true for fiction.

Dawn
Coll

Hello Dawn

I remembered our chats, and the scenario of me portraying Edward and you as Nell, whilst I was thrown out of the courtroom window in a mock trial of Anthony, when I shouted 'He is innocent !'. Laughing

Did you enjoy the book 'My Chief And I' ?

Strangely, I didn't acquire any more of Edward and Frances's books than that, as I wanted to go by my own instinct, rather than reading their works.

Still doesn't mean anyone believes my views though Rolling Eyes

Have you managed to read Peter Quantrill and Ron Lock's 'The Missing Five Hours' ?

Coll
Dawn

Yes, I remember the suggestion of a portrayal of a court scene with myself as Nell. I do believe there was some interest amongst other members as well. However I think it was thwarted due to geography i.e. everyone being in different parts of the country/world. Maybe I should just write it instead...

I did enjoy "My Chief and I" and still treasure it in my collection.

I've not had read Ron and Peter's article as I have been out of the AZW loop for some time now. I also found that, once my book was written, if I kept on reading new works, I'd be constantly altering my own manuscript. There is a temptation to 'tweak' once complete so sometimes best to leave well alone.

However, the article seems intriguing, to say the least. I might have to read it after all!

Dawn
Dawn

And don't you sleep, Coll? It's the middle of the afternoon here, but it must be the middle of the night there.

Dawn
Is Dawn's Novel Released Yet ?