Reply to topic
John Young

Colin,

Why not try them on this forum?

Regards,

JY
Colin

John

Before I joined Ian�s AZW FB Group, you�ll notice I tried to start dozens of topics on the main RDVC forum (deleted some too) but there wasn�t any replies, or not many. I would have tried some of the good topics I added on Ian�s and the ones I deleted from another AZW FB Group...on other websites I think you are a member of, but I can�t join, for reasons I�m sure I added previously.

Strange thing is John, I may be followed by my No1 crazed fan to them too, here as well, who I didn�t even know until I was on the receiving end of their animosity, which apparently has been held on to for 10 years, remembering me as �Coll� but on looking through this site, I had no dealings with them at all, in discussions or debates. Turned out they are an worryingly avid 24th fan and seems to have referred to Mike Snook as �boss� on his (Mike�s) FB Page so I guess there lies the reason...albeit a decade too late...likely only being an observer back then

Anyway, I�m not bothered by him...you�ll know him probably

Yes, it is as silly as it sounds...pity, as your book could�ve raised a few interesting topics, which I really expected to see more of tbh

I�m just keeping contact being a member on here...

Looking forward to the two new books out this year, likely loads of topics from them too...

Best Regards

Last edited by Colin on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colin

Additionally to the above...

I noticed not so long ago John, that on the 1879 forum a member sort of left a message for me, well �Coll� a few years ago, in one of his posts, saying he was obtaining the thesis �A Figure Of Controversy� by Droogleever about Durnford, I think it was to let me know about its contents on his reading it...his username was �Xhosa� (real name Les ?)...do you know of him and did he ever get the thesis ?
John Young

Colin,

Sorry I have no idea as Les left that forum.

I don�t know if he is on this forum, I believe he used be on here.

Let�s hope that your stalker doesn�t follow you here.

Best wishes,

JY

Last edited by John Young on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alan
Site Admin

I'm not in favour of anyone here using a pseudonym in order to cause mischief.
If you have any further details, please let me know.

Additionally Coll,

I want to remind all that this is a discussion forum and not a battle zone. You seem to think or
imagine that others are on a campaign against you and are doing so without being identified.
I don't believe that is the case and think at times that you tend to overreact.

I want to stop this sort of encounter happening before it goes too far. Anything said in the past
is finished. If there are legitimate points on topics you think will be appreciated by other
members, they will be welcome.

I want this forum to continue to be as it was always intended to be namely an exchange of views
on a subject we all enjoy.

Alan

I�m taken aback with your last, I didn�t mention the name of the member as it was on other forums, there was no need to cause any discomfort on here...to yourself or said member.

The posts exist, and were responded too on the other FB Pages, I deleted most of those on the AZW FB Group, as they were offensive and insulting, I�m not the only one to have seen them.

They also exist, unless deleted now, on Ian Knight�s FB Page, all of which I didn�t retaliate to, until recently, when his condescending manner which was indirectly aimed at myself, again seen by another member who reacted, noticed the sarcasm and ridicule too, mocking me as a non-military man, but praising himself knowledgeable with his �experiences�...not considering the fact that my own (now late) brother served in the military...that was too far for any man to let go.

I�m sorry you�ve responded like this Alan, but I can only guess this person recognised themselves from my posts already, even though I�m just back, as I expected...yet he was unnamed, but has contacted you directly by pm or e-mail...likely we�ll-known to you from events, etc., so that make me seem untruthful.

What I do ask you to consider please Alan, being that this is known to all, the very last site I am a member of..all my years on the forums I have been honest with everyone, even when using a different username, stated it was I. In fact I have brutally honest in topics and about myself, as I don�t lie well, lying trips you up eventually as you lose track of what has been said. It is my truthful questioning of others that offends them, as lying would gain me nothing.

I�d be interested to know if John has also been contacted privately, being that you both are the only people I�ve talked to since my FB played up, about 4 days or so ago.

I�ve never met any members personally to make friends beyond the forum, else I might have had some support...to at least know me as a person.

I�m surprised how quickly you may have been messaged privately regarding this...says much, with no being on the main forum.

It is not always my fault as some would make others believe...but I understand loyalty too, including mine to yourself and this forum. I actually came back here for a rest from defending myself and topics/posts constantly on FB...my apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused.

I was always told that being honest and upfront would do me no favours in life...I should�ve told untruths more...even small ones I guess

Well done XX...good to be liked I guess..as I�m sure you�ll read this tonight.

Enjoy your pint(s) with �the lads�...playing fair doesn�t necessarily win I�ve found out...but I can live with myself better...
Alan
Site Admin

Colin,

I'm sorry but your response only goes to show why you have had problems with other outlets
on the subject.

I'm not going to respond point by point but will just reiterate that this forum is for reasonable
discussion on subjects relating to the AZW. You're obsession with one element is making it difficult
for you to take an objective view. I note you put in the initials of a member which is
unacceptable unless we are all in an agreed discussion.

What I was expecting from yourself was a promise to follow the spirit of this forum. If your
understanding of it is different, I will yet again look at your membership.

John Young wrote:
Colin,

Sorry I have no idea as Les left that forum.

I don�t know if he is on this forum, I believe he used be on here.

Let�s hope that your stalker doesn�t follow you here.

Best wishes,

JY

Last edited by John Young on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colin

Alan,

I�ve spent the last few months starting topics on numerous subjects on FB, nearly all were criticised by one person intent on disrupting them, on many subjects...not all were Durnford- related, or �obsession� as you refer to from years ago. I�ve bumped into Mel, Saw, AMB on FB, the first two remember the topics on RDVC years ago with fondness, AMB remembers me too from here,...Peter Quantrill also recently commented here on how he has good memories of then. Not one shows any animosity towards me, and those were people I had dealings with. If choosing to view my harmless original post to John as some kind of rule-breaking, when I was giving reasons for not starting topics on his book that failed elsewhere, both here (no replies to my dozen plus topics) plus outside (topics being deliberately ruined) all I can say is you have misunderstood all I�ve said. As for the initials used, they could be anybody, that said, my name �Coll� was used constantly and everywhere on the other sites directly and indirectly, as some of those topics I wasn�t even involved in. I wasn�t on other sites long enough o create problems, I was banned almost from the get-go...nothing I said or done...grudges still exist...but I am not the one holding them all these years later. I don�t like to be attacked on public forums by someone I didn�t even know previously, nor reasons explaining why...yet it continued constantly. I�ve done nothing wrong here either...I�ve just arrived...but I�ll not post anything more which should suit all...I only wanted a contact point as stated...but you can delete my membership if wishing, as I�m I tired of these years of tedious accusations by anyone who takes the notion to do so. I�ll give up this last site I�m a member of.....by choice rather than being forced to...as this whole thing has been taken out of hand by many others...not myself.

Best wishes to all who remember the good times as well as the bad with proper debates....delete this topic I guess Alan, as I think it was me that sent you the details for the OP anyway, but couldn�t add it myself then
Colin

John

Sorry, just a fleeting visit good sir...my apologies it went wrong before I even knew what was happening...such is the way it is for me these days..

Regards

Coll
Recent book releases