rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
How a Zulu Total War skin looks...
Tom516

... for all those who were wondering...

This is a British C/Sgt of the 24th Foot.

Tom516

John Young

Tom,

A number of things:-
1, The bayonet is the wrong pattern for a Sergeant & above: the colour of the rank insignia is wrong, it should be gold rather than white for sergeants & above.
2, The rear detail on the frock is is wrong, it should be two buttons (although this were apparently normally removed by the old sweats as they dug into the back if the valise was worn.) & two vertical white stripes.
3, The frock was fastened by five buttons from collar to waist, how much will yours have?
4, What do the four white chervons relate to?
5, Might I suggest you lose the medals, it is not a film set!

If you want help re-uniforms just contact me as you did re-Coghill, I'm only too willing to help.

Regards,

John Y.
Wow, thanks for the heads up John!
Tom516

In the words of Monty Python - this skin is somewhat hastily cobbled together for a fast buck. Many of the textures are from photos of uniforms and from the movie.

Weird, where did they get the idea for that curved white lace pattern on the rear of the frock coat? Or was this worn by OR or Officers? This bodes extremely ill for me as I'm putting together a real life sergeant's costume for our church summer camp next week and I just gave them the incorrect design for the rear of the frock coat!

There are five running down the front (the Zulu movie has more than that doesn't it) it's just that the top of the coat area folds over backward so the buttons start much lower than they actually appear in game.

The four white chevrons I were meant to be for long service stripes. Did all sergeants have their rank chevrons in gold? Were these limited to sergeants or were corporals and l/cpls included?

Hehe, medals will be expunged!

Many, many, many thanks!!
Tom516

How a Zulu Total War skin looks...