rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
100 greatest War Movies
dodgermuk

This was on UK TV tuesday 18th. Was in two parts. the 2nd part which went onto till 1:30am featured Zulu. It came in at No. 8. It had some non important people talking about it, some guy called Dominc Diamond was one of them but there was a character from Zulu who was talking about the movie only for a few seconds of course, that person was Glynn Edwards who played Cpl William Allen. Stanley Baker's widow also contributed to it.

Did any one else watch this program, it was on Ch 4, started at 10pm. I have the 2nd part of the program recorded on video so at least i'll be able to see the Zulu bit again Smile
Alan
Site Admin

The programme was a repeat. This has been discussed previously but as you say, Zulu came in eigth place. Zulu Dawn wasn't in there, nor were either of the Four Feathers or Storm Over the Desert. I always wonder who decides these things anyway.

I think you will be pleased at what place Zulu came out of 100. I was surprised in what place some films came in, so I was very pleased at what place Zulu was mentioned
100 greatest War Movies