rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
movie database, interesting links for Zulu
dodgermuk

Hope these links work, there from a movie database i was looking at from the film Zulu. It's based on triva and goofs of the movie

triva - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058777/trivia

goofs - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058777/goofs
Sheldon Hall

There are almost as many goofs, myths and inaccuracies on these web pages as they claim are in the film! Don't believe everything you read on the net...
Alekudemus

I think the main problem with IMDB is that anyone can post straight to the website. There is no checking of "Facts".
Sheldon Hall

Indeed so. And once an inaccuracy is listed on IMDB, it is extremely difficult to have it removed by explaining to the webmasters why it's incorrect! Believe me, I've tried. The filmography for "Zulu"'s stunt director and bit-part actor John Sullivan combines his credits with those for at least one and possibly two other (most likely Canadian) actors of the same name; according to IMDB, he played a character called "Colonel Thomas Talbot" in an obscure 1942 movie made when he was 16! But unless you can definitely prove (e.g. by having seen the film in question, which I haven't) that the Sullivan in question is not the same one, there is no way of getting them to remove the credit.
movie database, interesting links for Zulu