rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
'Zulu 1879'
Paul Bryant-Quinn

Has anyone read this yet, and if so what do you think of it?

Zulu 1879: The Anglo Zulu War of 1879 from Contemporary Sources: First Hand Accounts, Interviews, Dispatches, Official Documents and Newspaper Reports D.C.F. Moodie (Editor); paperback 244 pages (March 6, 2006); Publisher: Leonaur Ltd; ISBN: 1846770440.

Regards to all

Paul B-Q
Keith Smith

Paul

I think this might be another re-hash of Duncan Moodie's History of the Battles and Adventures of the British, the Boers, and the Zulus. The last abridgement was produced under the title Moodie's Zulu War with an introduction by John Laband (N & S Press. Cape Town, 1988.) The initials DCF are too coincidental, don't you think?

By the by, the original book was written and published in Adelaide, South Australia in 1879 and was mostly drawn from newspaper articles.
KIS
mike snook 2

Paul and Keith

Yes it's the same production.

It has just been published very cheaply at 7.99 or something like that and for that reason alone I bought a copy. Had it been any more I wouldn't have bothered. Not sure I learned anything looking through it the other day. Most of the useful stuff it contains has been published elsewhere. But 'cheap as chips' at least.

M
'Zulu 1879'