rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Zulu Dawn out takes
scarletto7

I've just purchased on E-Bay a film lasting roughly 120 minutes containing what are deleted scenes or changed scenes, outtakes and retakes of shots, not all with sound and in some cases repetitive or poorly shot.

So far though its amazing, a different scene showing the QM and Boy fighting from the wagon, and handing out boxes to anyone, set up of rocket battery and different scenes entirley again to the film

worth the �10 i paid for a VHS film, he has other copies on E-Bay under Zulu Dawn, makes me wonder how good this film could have been
scarletto7

well I've watched it all, one bit I'm glad didn't make the film is bob hoskins killing a wounded pte williams!!!! the rest of the film outcuts is very interesting, the fighting at the COs tent after he hands over the colours the rum wagon and the rocket battery ar good

the overrunning of the camp by zulus from high up looks okay, the gun overturning in camp

the failed bit when the horses are running through camp and the zulu dead get up and flee from them is certainly an outtake
Mel

Those out take clips of Bob Hoskins killing Pt. Williams with his bayonet were, I believe, filmed at the request of Bob but only a couple of the clips were used in the film. If you look carefully you will see that the background hill is actually Shiyane Hill with Rorke's Drift to the right of the screen. This is the reason why the back ground scenery for Bob's screen death changes in the film.

i was wondering why it changed! thought it was another camera angle, thanks for that Smile
Alan
Site Admin

I noticed that Zulu Dawn was on the Discovery Channel last night, at the same time as football. It was followed by the Zulu Dawn documentary, the one with the ammunition box and Ian Knight's "here goes my reputation" comment.

Incidentally, videos of the Zulu Dawn Out-takes were for sale on this site until the advert time limit expired.

I am currently working outside UK, but have a relative coming to visit me next month.

In order that she may carry same for me, can anyone please advise me from where it may be possible to buy in UK a DVD of Zulu Dawn ??

Many thanks

Site Admin

PRS,
you can have my free copy from the Sunday newspaper if you send me an address, unless you want a boxed version.

Could someone tell me the story of why Sgt Williams kills Private Williams, because as I believe Sgt Williams gets killed first, then Private Williams?
John Young

AJ,

It was just one of the scenes they were playing around with. Sgt. Williams kills Pte. Williams so he doesn't have to suffer the fate of being killed by the Zulu.

Those scenes were filmed at Rorke's Drift.

John Y.
Zulu Dawn out takes