rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
ZULU LOBBY CARDS
ayr41

I have been looking out for some time for the 1963 Embassy pictures lobby cards, printed in the USA I have managed to collect 4 in reasonable condition, there is a small number under the "L" OF ZULU which I assume is the individual number in the set? can someone confirm there are 8 in the set, so I still need 4 to complete the set, where is the best place to look other than ebay to complete the set? also all the cards I have are marked 64/36 in the bottom corner what does this stand for. Many thanks Stephen. Question
leightarrant

Stephen - The number 64/36 at the bottom of the lobby card indicates the year, followed by the issue number of relevant film material for advertising to the respective cinema chains across the country. This is a unique code that the now defunct National screen services used to use. (As they did for the issue of their film posters.) It is usual for lobby cards to have numbers as opposed to letters to signify which card number goes where in the lobby display window. Usually 1- 8. I'm sorry I can't be of more help on why your lobby card has the letter 'L'. Best place to check for further lobby cards is the internet nowadays, try www.atthemovies.co.uk. good luck with your search. Leigh
ayr41

Many thanks for your help Leigh
ZULU LOBBY CARDS