rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
VC's of Wales and the Welsh Regiments
ANDY LEE

Does anyone know when 'VC's of Wales and the Welsh Regiments' update version by Allister Williams is due to be released.

Cheers

Andy Laughing

wrexham books
clive dickens

[b]
Andy
You need to get in touch with with Bridge Books 61, Park Avenue Wrexham LL12 7AN I believe it is out in hardback at the princely sum of �30
Clive
ANDY LEE

Thanks Clive

Martin Everett

This is the message from Alister Williams to me ........

The first volume of my updated version of the VCs of Wales is due for publication next week under the title Heart of a Dragon � the VCs of Wales and the Welsh Regiments, 1854�1902.

Many thanks for your assistance. The second volume, covering the period 1914�82, will be published in twelve months time.

ANDY LEE

Thanks Martin - hope we can purchase it from you.

Heart of a Dragon.
TonyJones

Dear all,
I contributed some items to Alister on the section of the book dedicated to 593 Private William Jones VC (see credits).Based on the rough-draft of 593 that I saw,(593's dad was Welsh),the book should be a good read all round.I have contributed the first ever seen photograph of the death-entry of his first wife,the ill-fated Elizabeth Goddard,which was photographed from the Durban death register.There's also a copy the last ever photo taken of him and a picture of the obverse and reverse of his LSGC medal.At present I am still searching for Elizabeth's grave,which is possibly unmarked in West Street cemetery,which had a Wesleyan Methodist section,possible only marked with a wooden cross which has now decayed.The book should be factually good based on what I've seen so far and Alister told me that it includes about 400 photos.Alister has conducted his own research through travel and interview.
Heart Of A Dragon .
Sapper Mason

My greatful and extended thanks to Alister Williams Of Wrexham and Badger Books for bringing out such an excellent book , he explains himself in such a clear manner the reader has no uncertainty as to just how much effort Alisister has put into his research , i shudder to think of the miles he has covered and countless hours checking his facts and data . Perhaps one day we can persuade him to bring out a DEFINITIVE book on the garrison at Rorke`s Drift for instance and the � 30 cover price is in my estimation worth every cent if you wish to read not only about the Zulu War but other engagements concerning Welsh regiments where a person won this highest award of valour . Thank you Alister for this wonderful addition to my growing library , Graham Mason .

I am glad i did not have to pick up Alister`s fuel bill in the many hundreds of miles he covered to get facts which i can endorse as 100 per cent as accurate.
Heart of an Expert.
TonyJones

Dear All,
I received my copy of Alister's book on Saturday morning and have found it diffcult to put the thing down.This effort is worth every penny of the �30 charged.It's great to see so many photographs of so many heroes connected with Wales and her regiments.This is an exemplary piece of work with plenty of fresh material.A perfect example of in-depth research through travel and interview combined with an expert interpretation of those facts.Well done Alister.Roll on the next volume.
Martin Everett

Dear All,

The details of Alister's new book (Volume 1) - which is stunning - are on the on-line shop.

VC's of Wales and the Welsh Regiments