rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
The Lt.

The Zulus continue putting the pressure on the defenders manning the dogleg and north barricades.......The Lt.

The Lt.

In an endeavour to keep the Zulus out, most of the defenders at the breastwork were conscentrating their efforts at the north-west corner of the compound leaving the perimeter between the cattle kraal and where the biscuits boxes met the breastwork undermanned. Brought to the attention of Lt. Bromhead by Lt. Chard he quickly called out a dozen names to running back to strengthen the section....The Lt.

Last edited by The Lt. on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
The Lt.

The hand to hand fighting continues as Lieutenant Chard fires at a Zulu Warrior attacking a member of B Company while Coporal Schiess takes on two Zulu Warriors,

Coporal George French/582 accept a round from a down private.

Lieutenant Bromhead leading an attack takes on a Zulu Warrior with rifle and bayonent in hand while private George Davies/470 puts an end to a Zulu Warrior.....The Lt.

Coll

Lt.

Interesting idea.

I mentioned in a previous topic about the use of scale models and figures by film companies, to set up scenes, locate characters, decide on angle of shots, etc. for a film. You have shown, that by using this technique of storyboarding, just how helpful and effective it can be, during shooting, or even during the writing of the screenplay.

I try to visualise a 1/32 scale Isandlwana set, in which some of the above details can assist in the filming or screenwriting. Using images of specific scenes, including detailed backgrounds (buildings, scenery, etc.) with the action in the foreground.

You certainly have an eye for detail.

Well done.

Coll
The Lt.

Coll I thought you along with other members would be interest in the following photos of the Battle at Isandlwana done in 1/72 scale. The display appeared at The Duzi Exhibition in Wesel Germany back in Oct. of 2004 and photograph by one of the contributors of the Diorama. I'm sure the War Gamers will enjoy it along with others who are interested in the battle. You can veiw it by longing on to the following. http://www.strelets-r.com/Contrib/C0020/Page.html and thank you for you posting and comments.....The Lt.
The Lt.

Mean while the fighting continues as the defenders struggle to survive....The Lt.

Coll

Lt.

Many thanks for the site details showing images of the Isandlwana diorama. Very Happy

Coll
The Lt.

Coll wrote:
Lt.

Many thanks for the site details showing images of the Isandlwana diorama. Very Happy

Coll

Glad you enjoyed the site, I'm sure you'll agree it was quite impressive.... The Lt.
The Lt.

Chard concerns about about his mounting casualties gives the command to begin to fall back behind the biscuit-box wall.

Corporal John Key/2389 along with Private Fredrick Taylor/973 are fighting their way back to fall behind the biscuit-box wall along with Lt. Bromhead and Colour-Sergeants Mabin and Bourne.....The Lt.

Coll

Lt.

Yes. It is the best Isandlwana diorama I've seen in such a scale - size of battlefield, amount of figures, camp area and the inclusion of the mountain itself is perfect.

If this is 1/72, then 1/32 would involve a massive area.

Coll
The Lt.

Coll wrote:
Lt.

Yes. It is the best Isandlwana diorama I've seen in such a scale - size of battlefield, amount of figures, camp area and the inclusion of the mountain itself is perfect.

If this is 1/72, then 1/32 would involve a massive area.

Coll

Coll there's no way I could do like wise in 1/32 in my humble abode I's need an airplane hanger plus along with a small fortune although I got the time on my hands and something I's love to do......The Lt.

Last edited by The Lt. on Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Lt.

Receiving covering fire provided by Second Coporal Attwood along with Privates Savage, Hook. Desmond, Coporal Lyons and Trooper Lugg. Coporal Schiess along with others are fighting their way back to fall behind the biscuit boxes......The Lt.

The Scorer

Please keep this going, Lt. ..... very interesting!

I've seen several dioramas, some of which are of the Battle of Waterloo. There's one in the Museum on the Battlefield itself, but I guess that the most famous is the one in the National Army Museum in London. This has a history all to itself, and the story is well worth a read ... look for a book called "Wellington's Smallest Victory".

Very Happy
The Lt.

Private Perry rushes of to join Dalton and Lyons while Private Norris passes off a packet of ammo to another member of B Company. The front of the Commissary Storre is buzzing with activity as other members hussle to supply ammo packets to the defenders as Surgeon Major Reynolds administer aide to a slightly wounded private.....The Lt.

The Lt.

The Zulu launch another major attack agains thd Commissary Store House....The Lt.

The Telling of The Zulu War with Toy Soldiers