rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Simon Rosbottom

Never mind Coll, the Springboks will be keeping you company from tomorrow night.

Coll,

I defer to you, as you have doubtless seen "300" more often than I have (or would want to)! And remember, paraphrasing Ibsen: "the majority is always wrong!"

Sheldon

PS But it's still too loud...
Rich

Well it sure looks like the movies all of us love cannot get all the love that we would want. The Spartans at Thermopylae from all the talk here could probably use another treatment both cinematically and I see in terms of audio! The earlier "300 Spartans" film is dear to me because really it was probably one of the first films I ever saw in a dark moviehouse and anyway I know Xerxes was the Spartan's enemy but the writers gave him some great lines in there when he was speaking to Hydarnes (Houston). Now I purposely go to those scenes just to hear Farrar speak them in his megalomanical voice. It's my version of cinema heaven. So to hear "dross" on it oh it hurts me no end and cuts to the quick..... Cool
Dawn

Simon Rosbottom wrote:
Never mind Coll, the Springboks will be keeping you company from tomorrow night.

As a former South African, I beg to differ. But lets not start that debate here...

Dawn
Detailing Plans In The Sand