rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
ZULU - New items on the new DVD
leightarrant

Hi Guys - Just a mention that I received my new ZULU dvd yesterday from Play.com, and gave it a quick spin through last night. The colours of the original film look vivid and electrifying! Well done Paramount home DVD for the newly restored film in all its glory. I skipped to disc 2 where the new items lay. That being, the Music from the film, with a new interview with a frail looking John Barry, also a few words from Sheldon. It was great to see a few shots of old 16mm film that various production team had shot, also a glimpse of what I believe to be the jay pinto footage in black and white. Next up was a new section featuring Sheldon talking about the film and production. Again, we get many glimpses of rare footage
and various film making attributes a plenty (From Sheldons book). All in all its great to see all these different images. I didn't go any further into the new items on disc 2 as I presume that these were all on the ZULU release a couple of years back, but correct me if I'm wrong. But nice work guys, and thanks for restoring a great epic and masterpiece.
ralph dyer

Hi Liegh,
sounds like a worthwhile purchase, i best order it now. thanx for the run down.
regards R.D.